TIGNANELLO, A WORLD-FAMOUS ITALIAN ICON
Tignanello takes its name from the hill of the same name in the heart of the Chianti Classico region. The estate comprises 127 hectares of vineyards and a sumptuous 16th-century manor house that belonged to various families of the Florentine nobility. It has been owned by the Antinori family since 1800. Tignanello represents a watershed in the panorama of Tuscan wines. It was born as Chianti Classico in 1970 and then, through various stages, became the world-renowned Supertuscan that we all know today.
Composed of Sangiovese for the 80% and Cabernet Sauvignon and Franc for the remaining 20%, it is produced only in the best vintages and only with grapes from the 57 hectares of the Tignanello vineyard. In particular, the 2018 vintage was characterised by a variable weather pattern, with an averagely cool spring characterised by rain showers, followed by summer months without temperature peaks but sunny, which allowed Tenuta Tignanello's vineyards' grapes to achieve a good, balanced ripening.
The result is an extremely balanced and graceful version of Tignanello, a refined and fascinating wine, capable of expressing, perhaps more than ever before, the purity of varietal expression and at the same time that of the terroir. Stylistically, therefore, the 2018 vintage of Tignanello is to be considered extraordinary for its great authenticity.